The Commercial Marketing scheme places you at the heart of Virgin Media’s operation. You’ll be right at the forefront of the entertainment industry, crafting our propositions, developing our strategies and creating some the UK’s best, award-winning marketing campaigns (all for one of the most recognised brands in the country, in a business generating over £5bn!) You’ll work with some of the best people in the industry to develop an understanding of what makes us Virgin Media, and exactly what it takes to ensure we keep on delighting our customers.
You’ll start by getting a taste of the front line with a few weeks in a retail or customer contact environment to help develop your first-hand knowledge of what matters to our customers, something you’ll find invaluable in your career. After that, it’s one year in Marketing and one year in Commercial. These two areas of the business have been specifically chosen to give you a deep knowledge and broad experience across the Virgin Media consumer operation, setting you up with the experience needed to take your career to the next level.
For your Marketing rotation, you’ll spend time in areas like Customer Acquisition, Advertising, Marketing Strategy or Brand. Within Commercial, you’ll be part of the team that leads the business’s Long Term Strategy, Acquisition Planning, Revenue Management and Go to Market functions. So, all in all you’ll get a fantastic view of our projects and propositions from development right through to execution. You’ll have great exposure across the whole business working with a range of functions including: Mobile, Broadband, Digital Entertainment and Sales/Customer Contact/Digital.
At the end of the two-year scheme, you’ll have a detailed knowledge of how a leading business takes an idea from inception to market, learning how we maximise and capture our audience and achieve our key objectives of growth, whilst keeping our customers at the forefront of what we do. Equipped with that, we’d expect you to be perfectly poised for a managerial role in our business in either our Marketing or Commercial team.
Duration: 2 years
Location: Hammersmith, London
Salary: £29K + £2K welcome bonus + amazing benefits
What we want from you:
- 2.1 or above in any discipline (achieved or expecting). A Business or Marketing based degree is preferred, but not essential.
- You’ll be joining a passionate and driven team so we’ll expect the same of you
- Business acumen with real interest in commercial work, analysis, marketing and data
- Confidence - you’ll have opportunities to showcase your skills to our senior leaders
- Ability to step up and deliver to a high standard – you’ll work on high impact business improvement projects – stuff that really matters and will make a difference
(The closing date for applications is 5th November)
Still want to know more?
- Get social: @VirginMediaJobs #VMEarlyCareers, or check us out on Instagram: @VMEarlyCareers
- Meet some of our current graduates
- Learn more about training and support here at Virgin Media
- Check out our early careers blog
- Find out if we're visiting your uni this year: Events