Our clever Analysis teams work across the whole of Virgin Media – from finance to marketing to engineering to our contact centres - it’s all about Big Data! We’re all really passionate about using deep analysis and the best tools and technologies to help make the right decisions across the business. How do we do that? Well, we provide razor sharp, high quality insight to support the decisions made by Virgin Media’s Executive Leadership Team. And we’re about providing it fast so that we remain way ahead of the competition and help drive the business forward.
As a team, we’re experts at providing the insights to transform business performance and culture. We’re seen (no pun intended!) as the operational lens of the business and all in all, we like to think of ourselves as pretty smart around all aspects of business operations, finance and strategy.
On this scheme you’ll enjoy some challenging but exciting rotations across areas including Consumer Analytics, Business Intelligence, Strategy & Planning, with a bit of Insight and Network Expansion thrown in too. You’ll learn loads about strategy, insight, data mining, and business improvement as you hone your commercial, analytical and financial skills. Mad for data? Great! You’ll love the fact that we’ll let you loose with large and complex datasets. And imagine the fun you’ll have as you grow your understanding of the financial and operational impact of data analysis as you learn to play with a range of software and tools. Throughout your varied rotations, you’ll have a key role delivering improvements that make things better for the business and for our customers.
So, here’s the deal. We’ll turn you into a whizz at both statistical data analysis and commercial insight methodology. Your rotations will give you really broad experience that’ll set you up for a fantastic career with us. And that’s the great thing – after the scheme you might progress into varied roles such as Insight Analyst, Big Data Guru, Commercial Manager or Strategist.
Duration: 2 Years
Salary: £29K + £2K welcome bonus + amazing benefits
Locations: Across UK – including Hook, Manchester, Birmingham, Hammersmith. Please note - you will be required to rotate across other locations
What we want from you:
- 2.1 or above in a numerical based degree (ideally maths, statistics, economics, but we’ll consider anyone who has studied a subject that’s involved working with large data sets).
- Ability to explain what data tells you in a way that’s understood by people from a range of backgrounds.
- A knockout combination of amazing communication, presentation and relationship building skills.
- It’s essential that you’re adventurous and flexible about location, as this scheme will require you to rotate across different locations.
Applications for our 2018 Analyst graduate scheme are now closed.
Still want to know more?
- Meet Nicholas, one of our current analyst graduates
- Meet Holly and Gloria, they tell us about their first few months as analyst graduates!
- Get social: @VirginMediaJobs #VMEarlyCareers, or check us out on Instagram: @VMEarlyCareers
- Meet some of our current graduates
- Check out our early careers blog
- Learn more about training and support here at Virgin Media
- Find out if we're visiting your uni this year: Events